Design, Construction, and Facilities Team Lead
- Oakland, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Block is looking for an experienced Design, Construction, and Facilities Team Lead to manage a team of resourceful and diligent project and facility managers globally. You will report into our Workplace Services Lead. As the team lead, you will define success for the group and work together to deliver beautiful, well-designed and maintained offices around the globe. You are a natural lead and a creative problem solver. You thrive working both independently and collaboratively and your communication skills are unparalleled. You are an adept listener and expert at building consensus amongst a diverse group of individuals, while also able to make a tough decision when necessary. You are passionate about Block's mission in the world and excited to help us exceed our goals.
- Build an outstanding Design, Construction, and Facilities organization that delivers inspiring, well-designed and well-maintained buildings for all Block BUs
- Oversee department level budget development, management, and adherence with an eye towards effective spend and optimizing resource allocation
- Manage a diverse team of Design, Construction, and Facilities employees
- Present program plans, concepts, budgets, and goals to senior leadership to gain alignment and and approval
- Partner with the Real Estate team to advise on design, construction, and facilities needs for new locations, relocation opportunities, and office closures
- Develop strong relationships with cross-functional peers so work can be effectively managed
- Drive ongoing process and program improvements both cross-functionally and within the team
- Develop relationships with building landlords and/or owners to ensure Block's needs are met at each site
- Work with Design and Construction lead to help define the 'workplace of the future' and build and document standards tailored to the distinct needs of each business unit where applicable
- Partner with workplace teams to identify challenges and opportunities within the portfolio and experiment with different solutions
- Work with Facilities team to implement ongoing maintenance standards and programs
- Be an escalation point for team to work through conflicts both internally and externally
- 10+ years experience as a program, project, or facilities management and/or in design and construction or facilities related field
- Experience leading a team and building a program
- Strong financial and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently, lead and motivate cross-functionally towards project goals
- Working knowledge of leases, contracts, architectural drawings, engineering plans and product specifications
- Working knowledge of construction practices (e.g. terms, estimating, scheduling, delivery, and understanding construction documents)
- Working knowledge of facilities management processes, tools, and systems
- Experience managing simultaneous projects with changing deadlines and priorities, while staying committed to quality
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.