Security Compliance Manager
- Melbourne, VIC, Australia
The Security Governance team collaborates with Engineering, Industry Relations, and Product teams to ensure that AfterPay, Square, and other Block products can launch and operate anywhere in the world while maintaining compliance with industry and regulatory security standards. We are looking for a Security Compliance Manager to help us maintain and manage information security risks and compliance programs.
Reporting to the Payments Security Governance Lead, you will guide the direction of our technology and security practices to ensure adherence with current and future compliance initiatives.
- Oversee security audit and governance management: improve year-round compliance efforts for AfterPay and Square payment processing systems and related internal procedures.
- Create and lead ad-hoc analyses of our payment technology solutions, security operation process reviews, infrastructure and application implementation reviews, and other technology related risk areas.
- Lead the creation, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of AfterPay and Square Security Policies and Standards.
- Oversee and guide infrastructure and engineering teams on compliance obligations for implementing cloud based solutions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on payment and industry regulations and advise business and engineering teams on compliance regulations and requirements (e.g., PCI-DSS, SSAE18, ISO 27001/2, NIST 800-53).
- 5+ years of experience with security-related regulatory compliance for financial services
- Experience with IT-related audits (PCI-DSS, SSAE18, ISO 27001, NIST 800-53) and balancing internal engineering processes, business needs, and external audit requirements.
- Experience with maintaining a risk management program and conducting risk assessments.
- Experience with cloud security practices and tooling.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.