Capital Markets Associate
- Miami, FL, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
As a member of the Capital Markets team, you will play a key role in supporting the strategic planning and capital markets needs of the various lending businesses within Block. Block has lending vertices that serve small businesses and vertices that serve consumers. Included are more developed products like Square Loans to small business and Afterpay receivables to consumers and newer products in development like Cash Borrow, Term Loans and Advances to International Square sellers.
You will source new institutional investors, managing the relationships with lenders, and designing new structures to help fund the Block's Cash App consumer lending products. You will not only support the continued expansion of Cash App's existing lending business, but will also help product teams build new consumer lending products across the Block ecosystem. Additionally, you will be a secondary contact for investors and lenders for the Block's other lending products.
- Identify and establish relationships with new lenders and institutional investors for Cash App Borrow and other consumer lending products
- Manage relationships with prospective leverage providers and institutional investors for Cash App Borrow
- Design, document, and communicate new fundraising structures and strategies including forward flow arrangements, warehouse and other leverage facilities and securitizations
- Work with the Block Treasury, Investor Relations and Finance & Strategy teams to develop balance sheet limits for the various lending products
- Coordinate with the product team and other internal stakeholders to develop new and improve existing lending products (specifically Cash Borrow)
- Work with data team to understand loan performance metrics
- Attend relevant conferences and maintain relationships with key industry participants
- Maintain and own policies, operational procedures and risk oversight
- Share market color and investor sentiment with management and important partners
- Support initiatives to incorporate consumer lending products into Square's de novo bank
- Contribute to Block's growth strategy, product roadmap, and performance tracking
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.