Machine Learning Engineer - Personalization Team
- New York, NY, United States
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
TIDAL’s personalization team is responsible for personalizing the experience of our listeners and musicians. We build data and machine-learning-powered features like personalized mixes, algorithmic radio stations, content recommendations, home ranking, and more. This position will focus on products/services that help musicians grow or manage their businesses.
You will report to the personalization team lead.
- Design, develop and deploy our next-generation recommender systems
- Prototype and evaluate new ML models for various recommendation problems like playlist generation and home ranking by running offline experiments
- Iterate and improve existing features and algorithms by running A/B tests
- Promote model development, MLOps, model evaluation and tooling best practices
- Work with tools like Databricks, AWS and infrastructure as code tools like Terraform
- Be a key contributor in an autonomous, multi-functional agile-team
- At least 4 years of professional experience with machine learning
- Experience implementing recommender systems, ranking systems, or similar at scale using Python. Experience with PyTorch is also a plus
- Experience building big-data solutions using technologies like Apache Spark, S3 and Databricks
- Experience working with cloud services such as AWS
- Applied experience of using A/B testing for model evaluation
- A result-oriented mindset and an ability to uphold a high technical standard
- Good communication and cooperation skills
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.