Copywriter, Developers Creative Team
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is looking for a Copywriter to join our Developers creative team. Your work will help make complex technical content about our commerce solutions more accessible to a broad audience of developers and business-owners. You will concept, collaborate on, and craft copy across public web, owned channels, integrated campaigns, and performance marketing. You have a technology background and understand the intersection between copy and design principles and know how to move work forward in tandem with your team.
- Write impactful copy that drives action and performance across channels
- Distill complex technical content and product benefits into jargon-free terms
- Collaborate with designers, art directors, program managers, developer advocates, and product marketing managers
- Contribute to overall team vision, roadmaps, ideation, and creative strategy
- Adapt Square's voice and tone to the Developers and Partnerships audiences throughout all of the work you do
- Manage a high volume of projects to keep pace with shifting release schedules and business priorities
- Become familiar with Square APIs and our SDKs
- Research and stay current on technology industry trends and news
- 5+ years of technology writing experience or related discipline
- Excellent grammar, writing, proofreading, and editorial skills
- Ability to analyze technical products and explain them in accurate, user-friendly language
- Creative writing skills to create compelling, benefit-focused content
- Experience writing compelling copy on a wide range of deliverables
- Experience working on a cross-functional creative team
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.