Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
This role sits in Afterpay’s global marketing analytics team and will work closely with
partners across the marketing team to measure and improve Afterpay’s ability to
acquire, activate and retain customers. They will be working across all marketing
channels and in a wide range of marketing domains, using analytical tools and
techniques to tackle the challenges Afterpay and the advertising industry are facing.
They will collaborate with senior team members to deliver analytics projects from
scope and problem formulation to final recommendations and implementation. They
will be the thought partners of Afterpay’s global growth and marketing team and
help them deliver OKRs.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to understand and deliver their
- analytics and insights needs.
- Design and conduct analyses and build reports to provide insights that help
- Afterpay understand marketing performance and craft marketing strategies.
- Visualise and articulate analytics work to an executive audience and external
- Develop formalised processes to identify, analyse, and interpret trends or
- patterns in complex data sets & empower informed decision making for
- Assist the marketing team in developing methodologies/frameworks to
- accurately assess and measure the impact of our business strategy
- Support targeted business activities, including opportunities for product and
- process improvement with a focus on driving significant business growth.
- Design, execute and analyse A/B and multivariate tests.
- Monitor and analyse data reports/dashboards/pipelines and troubleshoot
- issues that arise
- Work with advertising platforms (e.g. Google, Facebook) to design, execute and
- analyze incrementality tests
- Perform causal inference and modeling
- Analyze and model customer lifecycle to activate, reactivate user as well as
- prevent user churn
- Establish a full funnel marketing analytics framework
- Optimize paid channel portfolio and financial forecast
- Understand marketing efficiency/ROI with different categories
- Customer lifetime value analysis and modeling
- Use SQL and Python to extract, manipulate and analyse data.
- Use Tableau to create and publish dashboards and visualise insights.
- Handle multiple analytics projects simultaneously, with tight deadlines in a
- fast-paced environment
- Requires 2-3 years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree. Alternatively, a
- PhD and up to 2 years of experience would be accepted.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.