FP&A Manager - Marketing Ops
Finance & Strategy is responsible for improving strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across Square. Our team's core value is trust – we build it by making what is complex simple, and we do it with analysis that is accurate and easy-to-understand. Business partners appreciate our insight and trust us to help solve difficult problems. We believe good ideas can come from anywhere, and we'll rely on you to collaborate with others, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision-makers and company executives.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to lead the Marketing Ops function, which partners with business leads across Marketing and Product to shape how we invest to acquire and engage merchants. The responsibilities of our team include identifying indicators to evaluate performance, creating frameworks for evaluating investments, developing tools for business leaders to achieve their goals and targets, and driving business partnership through operational excellence. You will report into Square's Corp & Ops Finance & Strategy Lead. This position can sit in any Square office in the US or be remote from any US state with the exception of Alaska.
- Lead an analyst to 1) create analyses that allow leaders to make clear investment decisions, 2) forecast performance, including all trends, 3) surface strategic insights for partners, and 4) help inform Square's investment capacity
- Be the primary Finance partner for our Head of Creative
- Collaborate across Marketing, Product Finance & Strategy, Procurement, and Business Intelligence (among other teams) to understand complex relationships among key drivers of our business
- Help create finance process documentation, training guides, and resources
- 5+ years of relevant experience, with a background in FP&A
- Proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (there will be a case study)
- Commitment to Square's purpose of Economic Empowerment
- Leadership experience
- Experience with software, internet, payments or financial technology industries
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.