Lead Data Analyst - Recon
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
Do you love solving complex problems through data? Cash App is looking for a Lead Data Analyst to join our Financial Platform Reconciliation team!
As a Data Analyst Lead on the Recon team, you’ll work closely with our Engineering teams, Business Intelligence team, and finance partners (Accounting, Treasury) to build a next generation quality data platform, providing near real time financial auditing, verification and reporting on all of Cash’s products across the globe.
We strive to build innovative and valuable solutions by growing diverse teams of people who care about what they do. Recon is a diverse gender balanced cross-functional team, with a safe team environment enabling people to ‘just work’.
- Work directly with the Recon software engineering team towards a shared goal of building a trusted platform for understanding Cash’s finances
- Build a deep understanding of money movement at Cash App, enabling you to surface meaningful insights, inconsistencies and opportunities to key stakeholders
- Partner with Technical Product Managers to understand the impact of new and evolving products on financial reporting data
- Design, implement and launch innovative data solutions to empower data-driven decisions and reporting at scale
- Drive the generation of new data and the improvement of existing data to provide the best solutions possible
- Partner with the Business Intelligence team to build scalable, quality, valuable data models
- Evangelize the DataOps (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DataOps) philosophy
We value Data Analyst's who:
- Have 6+ years experience solving complex data problems
- Are highly skilled at writing SQL to query relational databases, and developing ETL pipelines
- Have extensive experience and passion for metrics and dashboard visualizations
- Are able to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Have a demonstrated track record of identifying, scoping, and leading complex data projects with cross-functional partners and high business impact
- Focus on defining and delivering incremental milestones to fail fast and iterate quickly
Technologies we use and teach:
- Snowflake, BigQuery, DynamoDB
- Mode, Looker, Tableau
- Linux/OSX command line and Git
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.