Senior Technical Program Manager, Developer Empowerment
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Developer Empowerment team at Square enables developers to be more effective by building foundational components, frameworks and tools that aid all stages of the software development life cycle. As a Technical Program Manager, you will be an important member of our central platform TPM team. You will identify inefficiencies, create alignment amongst cross-functional stakeholders, pursue technical solutions while assessing trade-offs, and ensure the execution of programs to aid in our scalable mindset. You have experience delivering technical, cross-functional, scalable programs and operational processes.
- Develop end-to-end technical program roadmaps in a partnership with Developer Empowerment TPM, Eng, Product, Design and Data teams and ensure on-time delivery that meets defined goals and requirements
- Manage strategic cross-functional programs by partnering with Square teams and managing dependencies
- Define and design metrics to track program progress, health, risks, and the generated impact
- Communicate program plans, statuses, risks and mitigation plans to stakeholders and broader team.
- Establish alignment on key issues using a large toolkit including structure, logic, data, and clear communication
- Contribute to operational excellence improvements through program frameworks, tools and best practices
- 5+ years of direct technical program management experience
- Experience building roadmaps and delivering end-to-end programs with technical knowledge of the underlying platforms
- Experience breaking down complex technical projects into components or milestones
- Experience using Jira or any other project management tools
- Prior experience at a startup or software development organizations, preferably in platform/infrastructure space is a big bonus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.