Onboarding Program Manager, Learning & Development
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
As a member of Block’s Learning team, you will drive the global new hire onboarding program in line with Block’s People strategy. You will manage and implement onboarding programs and support other strategic learning and onboarding initiatives across the organization with a strong focus on content, operations, experience and program design. You will report into our Global Learning and Development Lead.
- Design and facilitate best in class orientation sessions that enable incoming new hires.
- Develop new hire learning strategies and curriculum in alignment with organizational priorities.
- Leverage facilitation skills to lead effective and engaging learning experiences for new hires, employees and managers.
- Lead the onboarding committee of cross-functional stakeholders that oversee components of the onboarding experience across the organization.
- Track and report on key metrics to measure the effectiveness of Block’s onboarding programs.
- Propose solutions or implementation plans with key partners to improve learning experiences and programs.
- Contribute as a key stakeholder to mergers and acquisitions onboarding projects across different geographies.
- Drive the adoption of learning tools to create impactful resources and a holistic, scalable learning experience.
- Manage vendor relationships and evaluate the impact of their services.
- Execute general administrative tasks inclusive to onboarding.
- 5+ years prior professional experience in learning & development, human resources or related fields.
- 2+ years program or project management experience.
- Instructional design experience with a focus on developing, implementing, and continuously improving online and virtual in-person learning experiences.
- Ability to present and speak comfortably to live audiences.
- Ability to evaluate key performance indicators and end user feedback in order to identify areas of improvement and impact.
- Experience collaborating across the organization and influence partners to achieve results.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative data in order to inform and improve programs.
- Familiarity with Workday, Docebo, or other learning management platform(s).
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.