Product Manager, Connected Square Hardware
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As a Hardware Product Manager at Square, you are responsible for supporting the sustaining lifecycle of our Connected Hardware products, Square Readers and Square Stand, so that they continue to provide value to our sellers and meet our high quality bar. You are the voice of our sellers for the products you support, proactively identifying opportunities to improve, translating those opportunities into product requirements, and working with best-in-class design, engineering, operations, and marketing teams to achieve the desired outcome. You will be responsible for defining and delivering a roadmap through a deep understanding of our customers, data, competitors, and the changing landscape we operate in.
- Develop expertise on Square's in-market Connected Hardware products, Square Readers and Square Stand, to ensure they continue to deliver value and quality to the sellers who use them.
- Write requirements and run Alpha and Beta programs for new feature development or hardware changes.
- Partner closely with engineering, QA, operations, program management, and other product managers in the Connected Hardware space to drive clear prioritization and execution.
- Monitor field performance of in-field hardware and investigate new issues to provide the relevant technical teams with a place to start and a sense of importance / urgency.
- Use data-driven decision making to prioritize what we are solving for our customers.
- Have a high-level understanding of technical and operational aspects of the products you support that need to be considered as context or inputs into product decisions.
- 5 years of product management experience or equivalent product strategy and customer insights experience.
- (Preferred) Experience working with connected hardware or applications that interface with hardware.
- Experience leading the delivery of products / features / projects which have a high degree of cross-functional complexity and integration.
- (Preferred) A track record of shipping and iterating on successful consumer or small business products.
- Great organizational, analytical, and collaboration skills.
- A passion for Square's mission of economic empowerment and well designed hardware products.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.