Infrastructure Security Technical Program Manager
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
The Security organization is responsible for protecting Block while allowing the company to take principled risks. We are focused on scaling our impact, and a large part of this is building the Program Management Organization (PMO) to support functions and programs for Security. This includes building the processes and frameworks needed for our teams and tools to scale, ensuring teams involved in Infrastructure Security have the support they need to run smoothly, and managing complex initiatives across multiple teams across Block.
As Block looks to grow both organically, and inorganically through acquisition, in 2022 and beyond, having a structured and organized approach to scaling Infrastructure Security is critical.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to join our Security PMO team to build and manage programs within the Infrastructure Security team, which is directly responsible for some of our most important projects and engagements. You will develop, update, and implement frameworks to ensure the evaluation and mitigation of risk across the company as it pertains to infrastructure security, and engage across all Infosec disciplines with a larger team of peers. You will report to the Head of Security Programs at Block.
- Manage large scale security programs related to Infrastructure Security projects and programs.
- Be lead communicator on project status, facilitate due diligence and integration workstream discussions, and engage with security leadership to problem solve and move project activities forward.
- Create and manage systems that inventory all requested and planned work, assign criteria to evaluate and build the roadmap, and then manage programs to successful launch.
- Manage diverse relationships with teams within InfoSec, as well as our partner teams in IT, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, Finance, and other foundational teams and provide recommendations that help teams understand and achieve their program executables.
- Manage multiple complex projects, often with competing timelines and resource needs
- Build upon existing internal partnerships: define, iterate and enable new projects that minimize security risk across Block.
- Participate in quarterly and annual planning for the Security PMO
- 5 or more years of product/project management experience
- Technical background, with ability to facilitate technical discussions and solve technical problems pulling in engineering and business teams to resolve issues or drive clarity.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure - either as a TPM managing specific projects for Infrastructure and Cloud, or ideally, the security aspects of Infrastructure and Cloud.
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated ability to inspire team members and product partners
- Experience in setting up project schedules and breaking down engineering work across multiple teams and delivery dates
- [Bonus] Experience working in/with an information security team
- [Bonus] Engineering background
- [Bonus] Risk management experience
- [Bonus] Annual planning experience
- [Bonus] Organizational change management experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.