Senior Software Engineer (Frontend), Square Appointments
- New York, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square Appointments helps service professionals manage their calendar on the go. With Square's online scheduling software, customers can always get access to their availability and confirm their appointments online. Our software is the point of sale for the merchants and a tool for them to manage their time. As an engineer on Appointments, you will build products that are inspiring, meaningful and will change the economy we know today. You'll work with our product, design and engineering team to bring these ideas to life!
We're looking for a senior front-end engineer who is passionate about building applications to help our merchants simplify their business processes and daily work. You will build front-end features to create outstanding experiences for our merchants and their customers. As one of the most senior front-end engineers within Appointments, you will help anchor the team, using your skills and experience to uplevel those around you.
- Guide the infrastructure architecture of our front-end systems to ensure stable feature development
- Work with other engineers, designers, and product managers to develop excellent product experiences from end-to-end (design, implementation, automated testing, and roll-out)
- Hold yourself, and your teammates accountable to the standards of engineering that enable Square to safely move billions of dollars in payments and allow our customers to trust us with their sensitive data
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other front-end engineers
- Relevant Bachelor's degree (or equivalent practical experience) plus 6+ years of relevant industry (or additional academic) experience.
- Experience developing Ember web applications
- Natural curiosity and desire to build products that merchants depend on
- Desire to solve hard and engaging engineering problems
- An interest in fostering environments of learning and growth within your team
Technologies we use and teach:
- Test frameworks (e.g. QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.