People Programs and Planning Manager
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
We're looking for a Program Manager on our People team to help us move the needle on core people-related programs for the Cash Customer Operations team. Your role will involve using available resources to understand where we can improve how management and employees experience foundational programs including promotion, feedback and compensation cycles. You will work with teams such as Project Management Office (PMO), Compensation, HR Business Partners, HR Specialists, People Tech, Internal Comms, Talent, Legal, and other partner teams across the organization to ensure that we can guide process improvements to support the strategic growth of the business while enhancing the team's planning capabilities.
- Develop people programs including success metrics and ongoing process improvement
- Identify areas of improvement through research, analyzing data and outreach for feedback to grow our people programs, including building decision-making frameworks, templates.
- Evaluate current pain points and make process recommendations to internal partners and guide implementation of process changes
- Evaluate systems setup to lead improvements from a people experience standpoint
- Solve complex challenges related to scaling of people programs, and create risk mitigation plans
- Build core people programs by creating process maps and other documentation, facilitating retro discussions, developing strategies, sharing best practices, and rolling out tools
- Minimum of 5 years experience in HR or program management
- Experience leading programs related to the performance cycle, including feedback, promotion, and performance management
- Experience leading projects and leading global or regional change programs within high-growth tech environments
- Experience working with teams and demonstrated experience with process improvement and results on time
- Experience manipulating and analyze data to understand trends and provide data-driven recommendations
- Familiarity with HR systems such as Workday, Visier, and SmartRecruiters
- Experience strategic partnering with partners on multi-year company or company-wide people projects
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.