Senior Product Marketing Manager, Hardware Accessories
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
This role will be responsible for identifying and executing on growth opportunities for Square's global hardware accessories business. Accessories include printers, scanners, cash drawers, tablet stands and cases, and anything else our sellers might need. You will be responsible for pricing, promotion and device bundling for Square's 8 markets, evaluating new strategic opportunities, working with Hardware Product to expand our first and third-party accessory portfolio, and maximizing gross profit for the accessories business. In addition to Hardware Product, you will work closely with partners across creative, e-commerce, hardware engineering, sales/account management, supply and demand planning, business operations, retail and customer success teams. The right candidate will be an experienced strategist and marketer with strong organizational and analytical skills, an independent streak, and knack for navigating ambiguity. You will report to a Senior Product Marketing Lead.
- Oversee global pricing and promotional strategy for POS accessories, measure performance and optimize through testing.
- Conduct experimentation within Square's online shop to drive accessory awareness and maximize conversion.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative customer research to inform Square's accessory roadmap and highlight growth opportunities.
- Identify and execute on new growth initiatives, including first and third-party device assortment, new distribution channels, direct sales incentives, white-labeling strategy and more.
- Research competitive offerings and market-level trends.
- Shape product positioning, value propositions and foundational messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns.
- Develop marketing strategies, including channel plans, campaign creative and testing roadmap, and work with the central marketing team to execute.
- Lead go-to-market activities across a cross functional team for new device launches.
- Partner with the data science team to establish reporting on sales, device usage and performance metrics, and incorporate insights into strategic planning.
- 8+ years of professional experience with a Bachelor's degree, or 5+ years of professional experience with a Masters degree. Relevant experience includes product marketing, strategy / management consulting, brand management, e-commerce or related fields.
- Deep analytical competence and ability to use data to build and present business cases
- Comfort managing cross functional partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Genuine interest in and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.