Product Marketing Manager, Ads and Incentives
- New York City, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Block seeks a Business Product Marketing Manager to drive adoption and growth of advertising solutions for merchants across Cash App and Afterpay. The successful candidate must have experience closely partnering with product and business teams and have a strong understanding of retail, e-commerce, and digital advertising landscape. They will also have a demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional initiatives to drive growth/business impact.
Reporting to the Global Business Product Marketing Lead for Afterpay and Cash App Advertising, the ideal candidate for this role will evaluate and recommend implementation plans, then execute them with close attention to detail. This individual will lead GTM planning and execution, including managing GTM launches for several significant merchant- and partner-facing products and executing full campaigns.
Success in this position requires a strong understanding of the advertising and retail commerce market, Block’s advertising and e-commerce products, and consumer incentives. It also requires the ability to successfully manage stakeholders in a large, distributed, cross-functional, dynamic environment.
- Define and lead go-to-market strategy and product launches for advertising experiences that power Afterpay & Cash App’s commerce advertising offerings.
- Develop product positioning, internal/external materials, pilot plans, market education, best practices, case studies and sales enablement strategies.
- Track product adoption, revenue, and market insights for your products, and report progress with leadership, product and business partners.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to set goals with Product,, B2B Industry Marketing, Sales, Partnerships, and Partner Success.
- Gather and synthesize feedback to drive new features and shape the future of Afterpay & Cash Ads roadmap.
- BA/BS degree
- 5-7+ years of experience in product marketing and/or product strategy with advertising technology products.
- 3+ years experience working in digital advertising and/or e-commerce with comprehensive knowledge in digital media buying, campaign creation tools, and optimizing advertising campaigns.
- Strong understanding of the retail, e-commerce, and digital advertising landscape
- Experience partnering with product and business stakeholders to represent market requirements
- Experience taking ad products through a full lifecycle and developing go-to-market strategies for merchants and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to drive resolution in the context of competing perspectives.
- Organizational, people skills and experience in setting priorities, problem solving, and working independently in a dynamic, and rapidly changing work environment
- A data-informed decision maker
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.