Data Analyst, Marketing
- Sydney, NSW, Australia
Afterpay is transforming the way we pay by allowing customers to buy products immediately and pay for their purchases over four instalments. The service is completely free⁵ for customers who pay on time - helping people spend responsibly. As of December 31, 2021, Afterpay is offered by more than 122,000 of the world’s favourite retailers and more than 19 million active customers have adopted the service.
Afterpay is currently available in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Spain, where it is known as Clearpay. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins. Afterpay is a wholly owned subsidiary of Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ).
Afterpay’s Global Marketing Science team is looking for an experienced Marketing Data Scientist. This team works closely with our partners across the marketing function to measure and improve our ability to acquire, activate and retain customers across ANZ - the region where we started it all, and our home-ground.
- Work closely with the ANZ Marketing team to understand and deliver their analytics and insights needs.
- Design and conduct analyses and build reports to provide insights that help us understand marketing performance and craft marketing strategies.
- Visualise and articulate analytics work to an executive audience and external partners.
- Develop formalised processes to identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets & empower informed decision making for stakeholders.
- Assist the marketing team in developing methodologies/frameworks to accurately assess and measure the impact of our business strategy
- Design, execute and analyse A/B and multivariate tests.
- Monitor and analyse data reports/dashboards/pipelines and troubleshoot issues that arise
You will have:
- Quantitative background in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or related disciplines
- 3+ years experience in analytical roles, using techniques such as customer profiling, A/B testing, ROI measurement, predictive modeling, regression and classification analyses.
- Marketing domain knowledge across channels such as Paid Social, Email/Push, SEO/SEM, TV, Radio, Out-Of-Home is a big plus
- Proficient using SQL to extract, manipulate and analyse data.
- Experience with data visualisation tools like Tableau, Looker or PowerBI.
- Strong problem solving and analytics skills, combined with effective judgment
- Great written and verbal communication skills to communicate insights with impact and influence
- Good project and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously effectively, with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Python is also advantageous.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.