Content Designer, Seller Experience
- Chicago, IL, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Los Angeles, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Seller Experience is the glue of our product ecosystem. It is the team that thinks outside of individual products and focuses on the entire experience a seller has when they are evaluating, signing up for, and using Square. Seller Experience owns many of the shared surface areas and platforms that all of Square's products feed into, such as our public website (squareup.com), sign up flows, the Square Dashboard where merchants manage their business, our help and support channels and chatbots, and our product design systems and best practices.
We are looking for an experienced content designer to join the Seller Experience team. You'll report to the content design manager for the Seller Experience team. You'll work with product designers, product managers, researchers, engineering, localization, and legal to increase usability and ease of use across our products. And, you'll have the freedom and independence to bring your own thought processes to grow our discipline within our team and the enterprise.
*For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords
- Be hands-on—designing, writing, and editing content across several teams within Seller Experience. This includes the smallest microcopy to the most visible content and everything in between.
- Work embedded in design teams as a driver of content-informed design. Collaborate in Figma and have an active voice in design critiques. Use your content design knowledge to tease out design flaws and derive elegant solutions.
- Drive best practices for content design in collaboration with our design systems team and other content designers across the company
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and effectively speak to processes and value of the writing discipline
- Help the product design teams become more efficient by developing processes and workflows for collaboration
- Apply metrics, data, design research, user testing, customer support insights, and more to inform content and language decisions
- Manage and prioritize your workload of multiple projects with different collaborators
- At least (5) years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio with examples of previous UX writing / content design work specifically showing how you improved user experience through language, from interface copy to style guides and beyond
- Experience being embedded in a product design team with whom you'll collaborate. Comfortable providing feedback on UI/UX designs, asking thoughtful questions about product strategy, and applying insights from quantitative and qualitative research
- Experience using design software tools such as Figma
- Interest in conversation design and chatbot writing
- Content design standards champion
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.