Machine Learning Engineer (Modeling)
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
As a Senior Feature Data Scientist at Afterpay, you’ll be responsible for key KPIs for the company's profitability, and customer experience metrics. You will be tasked to set goals and manage through strategy, and close collaboration with product, engineers and business stakeholders. You will lead and coach a group of talented and experienced analysts, assuring success in both business metrics and their individual career development.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin….
- Build the data foundation to support advanced risk solutions, including developing, implementing and auditing advanced risk assessment components, such as features and models.
- Master large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as SQL, Spark, and Python
- Collaborate with other data scientists and analysts to formulate innovative solutions with advanced features and models
- Partner with product and engineering team in implementing features and models, and enhancing systems
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay. You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in quantitative statistics, math, business, or related disciplines, with specific experience in risk, payments & finance being highly desirable
- Experience in data mining and analysis tools such as Python/ SQL etc
- A strong understanding of modern machine learning techniques is advantageous
- Exceptional time management skills; has the ability to multi-task and triage the evolving responsibilities of the role
- Superb communication and organisational skills, with the ability to simplify and present complex engineering and analytical concepts to an executive audience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.