Senior Technical Product Manager, Afterpay Enterprise Platform
- San Francisco, CA, United States
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Afterpay partners with tens of thousands of merchants around the world. Our successful merchant partnerships rely on our ability to provide scalable and flexible API and features that are easier to integrate. Our API supports millions of transactions and billions of dollars in GMV.
We are looking for a Platform Product Manager with an engineering background, to help us hone our customer-centric thinking and work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure we provide the best possible platform for our engineers. The Product Manager is responsible for defining how we can best address our platform needs, scaling and leading the team on execution. They will partner with Engineering, merchant services, and analytics to define scalable API and platform needs, end-to-end solutions to help merchants and Afterpay grow their business.
The PM will be familiar with payment platform technologies and payments APIs. The PM will define the vision, roadmap and success metrics for our engineering & cross functional teams, and Afterpay globally.
- You have 5+ years of Technical Product Management experience
- Experience working in eCommerce, or payments solutions
- Experience working within a distributed team
- You have a passion for building internal products and platforms
- You can provide direction and rally a team on the highest priority problems to solve
- You can advocate for collaborative solutions with a diverse group of partners
- You can write and present with brevity and clarity, and can communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences effectively
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or engineering background is preferred
- Understand and clearly define technical requirements for engineering teams
- Lead and articulate vision/goal/status of multiple concurrent projects to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Create and guide a product roadmap, promote it across Afterpay and, in collaboration with engineering partners, prioritize and lead the end-to-end success of projects from discovery through launch
- Drive E2E process improvement for product development
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders - engineering, product managers, merchant services, data engineering and analytics team members to bring value to our teams
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.