Technical Program Manager, TBD Compliance
- Remote, Colorado, United States
The decentralized ecosystem that TBD is working to create, while not directly subject to financial regulations, will provide a decentralized alternative to financial services, which will still necessitate identity verification, sanctions and KYC considerations to transact and exchange information. Our main objective is to ensure that any standards, schemas, protocols or other open source technology developed by TBD can be accepted by traditional financial institutions, FinTech's and cryptocurrency companies, and is in alignment with global AML, KYC, CTF, and Sanctions regulatory requirements. You will coordinate with our Open Source Engineering, Product Engineering and Partnerships teams to implement project deliverables related to our Decentralized Identity and tbDEX programs. You will be at the forefront of imagining and realizing decentralized products and services built on top of the TBD protocol that may be offered by TBD or other Block, Inc. business units.
Compliance enables the TBD team to make technical and product decisions with compliance and risk in mind. The Technical Program Manager position is an early hire to build the compliance function for TBD. You will report to TBD's Compliance Lead.
- Understand the technical components of decentralized identity, decentralized web protocols (Web5) and blockchain technology
- Articulate compliance and risk requirements for financial institutions into technical business requirements to bridge the gap between the compliance, user facing and technical aspects of Decentralized Identity
- Coordinate cross-functionally on all things that touch Decentralized Identity and understand how this technology will support and interact with other TBD products and services including: Wallets, UX, Partnerships, DWP/Web5 and other TBD products and initiatives
- Advocate for Decentralized Identity within Block, Inc. coordinating with other Business Units and interested external parties such as IDV Vendors and other FinTech and Financial Institutions (in coordination with the Technical Partnerships Lead)
- Craft compelling internal communications on the practical use cases for decentralized identity (such as articulating how DID and VC concepts can solve UX onboarding challenges or mitigate compliance risks)
- Identify potential risks (compliance, regulatory, financial, fraud, etc.) and surface these risks together with proposed solutions to our partners within TBD
- 5+ years of experience in a compliance or fraud risk project/product management role
- Solid understanding of blockchain technology, decentralized ecosystems, and regulated cryptocurrency products and services
- Prior experience working at a FinTech or Cryptocurrency organization
- Strong interpersonal skills gained through experience collaborating and working with cross-functional partners
- Strong communication skills and experience creating arguments and presentations intended to educate and influence
- Demonstrated interest in decentralized identity and blockchain (prior experience a major PLUS)
- Professional curiosity and a growth mindset
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.