Contact Center Engineer
- Remote, Colorado, United States
As a team, we are the direct link to the voice of our customer. When our customers need help they are usually in the midst of managing a small business and they don't want to wait for answers. Simply put, they want to speak to a human. In an ideal world, we know exactly who our customers are and what they need the moment they contact us. Using information from previous interactions and current product usage, we're able to quickly direct them to the information they need to rapidly resolve issues or realize opportunities.
Our voice capabilities take advantage of a global presence, ensuring local 24x7 voice support across time zones. The reliability and quality of services are driven by the scalability and efficiency of our platforms and partners. This relies on the interaction of multiple Block systems in a constant feedback loop where the voice platform provides real-time data to the business that can be consumed in future interactions. On this team, you will work on state-of-the-art technologies to ensure both internal and external customers have the best possible experience with Block.
Build and maintain a voice platform for Square to have productive and personal interactions with our customers.
Lead architecture and development of phone and voice solutions for platforms and teams across the enterprise.
Provide technical leadership on different CCaaS voice platforms
Participate in an on-call rotation for any issues related to production support.
- 5+ years of customer-facing Technical Project Leadership Background in Contact Center Technologies as a tech lead or solution architect.
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills required.
- Experience in developing Amazon Connect contact flows using AWS Lambda , DynamoDB, Lex Bots, API Gateway required, Amazon Connect Streams for CCP Customizations.
- Must have experience in designing and implementing call routing using routing profiles, queues, call backs, emergency messages, hours of operations, holiday routing with dynamic messaging
- Must have strong programming skills in node.js, python, , Java. Experience AWS Lambda is highly preferred.
- Experience with AWS architecture and services like Contact Lens, Transcribe, Comprehend, S3, IAM, Lambda, Kinesis Data and Video Streams, KMS, Secret Manager preferred.
- Experience with Github / bitbucket for source / version control.Experience with CI / CD pipelines using Terraform and Cloud Formation.
- Deep understanding of Contact Center Architecture / Reporting / WFM Integration / IVR / Speech Recognition / Agent Phone Panel (amazon connect streams)
- Working knowledge of popular communications protocols and APIs such as WebRTC and SIP
- SQL query writing and data analysis.
- Good understanding of Salesforce amazon connect CTI Adapter integration.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.