Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
- Remote, Colorado, United States
- Employees can work remotely
As an engineer on the Data Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining data infrastructure vital to the continued growth of Block. You will collaborate with many teams across Block to understand data needs and turn those needs into data infrastructure and services, monitor and maintain the health of the data infrastructure, and have an impact on the data ecosystem within Block.
- Build, enhance, and maintain our real-time data pipeline
- Work with various infrastructure and operations teams to maintain our data infrastructure
- Help build and maintain services and tooling to ensure resiliency, fix data discrepancies, and enhance the customer experience
- Monitor daily execution, diagnose and log issues, and fix pipelines to ensure SLAs are met with internal stakeholders
- 2+ years of relevant data infrastructure or backend software development experience
- Experience with Data Warehousing tools; such as; Snowflake; OR engineering fundamentals threading processes
- Experience working with relational databases, such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience in at least one of the following programming languages:
- Experience with cloud environments, such as AWS and Google
- Experience with container deployment platforms and tools, such as Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, and Terraform
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience with Kafka (or other distributed log)
- Experience with asyncio Python
- Experience with (or desire to learn) querying cloud-based data warehouses (such as: Snowflake, Redshift, etc.)
Technologies we use and teach:
- SQL and Python
- Kafka and Confluent platform
- Snowflake and MySQL
- Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Terraform
- AWS, GCP
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.