Sr. Interactive Designer, Appointments
- Salt Lake City, UT, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Chicago, United States
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square is looking for an experienced and passionate, Sr. Interactive Designer to join our product marketing team focused on Square Appointments. In this role, you’ll collaborate to create inspiring solutions that educate merchants about how they can enhance and grow their business with Square Appointments. You will work with multiple partners across creative, design, copywriting, design technologists, production design, and product marketing to guide our business, brand and company mission forward.
This is a hands-on creative role with a lot of opportunity for influencing and shaping our digital product marketing initiatives. You will be at the heart of interpreting briefs, co-creating ideas and bringing them to life. You’ll be asked to connect dots, organize thoughts and develop strategy to match the teams’ expectations. You will lead projects from concept through execution, QA, and iteration. We work across platforms, with an emphasis on digital channels including web, email, social, digital ad campaigns, animation/motion, as well as photography and video.
You’re conceptual, strategic, kind, can share and sell your ideas, and encourage others to share theirs. You sweat the smallest details, and understand what it takes to develop great creative work. As a senior member of the team, we’re looking for you to have had prior experience driving cross-discipline collaboration, and mentoring/guiding designers. This position will report to the Creative Director.
This is a remote position.
- Oversee and lead design concepts, assets, and visual treatments across digital media and product marketing channels
- Partner with writers and designers to lead the internal creative process and promote accountability for creative delivery
- Translate product marketing strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts
- Deliver outstanding interactive design, with assistance on photography and videography direction
- Use customer and industry data to inspire creative concepts and work with product marketing managers and strategists to validate
- Foster partnerships with program management and a cross-discipline team of designers, writers, design technologists, product marketers, and strategists
- Champion brand standards and design systems
- Maintain a high level of creative execution while meeting the needs of our partners
- Work with partners across Square to guarantee an integrated experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience, ideally both in-house and agency
- Experience in art direction, leading development of integrated product marketing campaigns, with an emphasis on digital channels
- Advanced storytelling skills, covering multiple formats and channels.
- Expertise in typography, composition, color, layout, design thinking, and content strategy in the design solutions you create.
- Fluency in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, animation/motion.
- Expertise in best practices in usability, UX, and interaction design
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of web design and digital accessibility.
- A solid understanding of awareness, performance, consideration, and product marketing strategies and tactics.
- Experience partnering with copywriters, designers, design technologists, program managers and product marketers. Both internal creative teams and/or external agencies.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.