Senior Product Manager, Fraud
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Founded seven years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead our fraud capabilities, which is responsible for ensuring that Afterpay makes accurate, data-driven decisions across its product lines, including online checkout, mobile app, shop directory, loyalty and our card products. This role will focus on building and scaling both the process, services and platforms that enable machine learning and feature engineering to elevate our risk management, payment recovery, data enrichment, personalization and search capabilities at Afterpay. You’ll create both the vision and platform that allows Afterpay to operate at internet scale and work closely with many cross-functional stakeholders, such as data and feature science, risk, payments, and operations teams.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin:
- Translate customer and internal-user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the fraud landscape
- Work with business leaders, engineers, data scientists and other PMs to embed fraud prevention measures across the customer journey while managing customer experience
- Lead the ideation, product design and development of innovative solutions aimed at enhancing fraud management capabilities in the context of a smooth customer journey
- Align product roadmap development with product and engineering objectives and business needs, working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders including data and feature science, engineering, risk, payments, legal and customer service
- Partner with external stakeholders, including PMs across the customer journey, to embed fraud risk management control
- 5+ years of product management or relevant experience
- 3+ years of fraud/trust/safety experience
- Excellent leadership skills with experience working across global markets and with geographically dispersed teams
- Strong collaborator. Ability to build relationships at all levels across the company, communicate complex topics to non-technical stakeholders and deeply understand what drives the business
- Data driven and use analytics to solve problems and experience
- Be brave. Be curious. Be cool. Be humble. A sense of humor, a willingness to laugh at danger and an appreciation of the ironic are all pluses
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.