Senior Product Manager, Credit Risk
Founded seven years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
At Afterpay, the credit risk team plays a key role in promoting responsible spending, and helps customers keep control of their finances. Credit risk management is also critical for keeping the business profitable. As a credit risk product manager, you’ll be responsible for developing a deep understanding of consumer credit risk and repayment behavior to identify and prioritize new opportunities for enhancing customer experience and risk management capabilities within Afterpay.
We are looking for an individual with demonstrated experience collaborating with engineering and data science teams to deliver customer-centric credit risk management capabilities . This is an exciting opportunity to work on new features and products that will help maximize financial access to millions around the world.
In this role you will lead:
- Ideation: Work closely with risk engineers and analytics to promote and deliver the most relevant ideas
- Roadmapping: Work closely with analytics, engineering and cross functional teams to plan and prioritize what, and when, the teams will deliver
- Vision: Lead the ideation and development of innovative solutions aimed at promoting responsible spending, enabling new products/features, and building new credit risk management capabilities
- Evangelization: Educate cross functional teams to be credit risk minded in designing and shipping new features
- Working with vendors: Participate in vendor selection and evaluation
- Communication: Distill key developments, updates, and problems to teams (both technical and non-technical) in other disciplines and cross functional partners
- Define Success: Tie objectives back to business and product metrics
- Collaboration: Work with cross functional team members across multiple time zones including Australia, US and China
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Bias for action and strong execution skills to manage the development and implementation of large scale products
- Experience with the common challenges in cross-functional working groups (legal/compliance/customer service), including balancing competing demands and priorities
- Demonstrated experience working with engineering teams
- Excellent leadership skills with experience working across global markets and with geographically dispersed teams
- Strong collaborator. Ability to build relationships at all levels across the company, communicate complex topics to non-technical stakeholders and deeply understand what drives the business
- Be brave. Be curious. Be cool. Be humble. A sense of humor, a willingness to laugh at danger and an appreciation of the ironic are all pluses
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.