Marketing Strategy & Operations Manager, International
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is looking for a strategic and results-oriented person to join our Central Marketing team as the International Marketing Strategy and Operations Manager. Reporting into our Head of Marketing Strategy, Planning, and Analytics, and working close with the Head of International Marketing, you will help accelerate business growth across our International Markets through the ideation and execution of impactful strategic initiatives, best-in-class planning principles (annual, quarterly, etc.), and the facilitation of optimized operations across our team.
You will have experience in strategy & operations, management consulting, and/or strategic marketing planning and thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Lead annual and quarterly marketing planning processes for our International Marketing team to ensure investments and activities are aligned to business priorities
- Own our ongoing x-market marketing reporting (working with our global reporting team); synthesizing and packaging up insights flowing from each of our international markets
- Help to facilitate allocation of marketing budget and management of in-quarter optimization and adjustments
- Partner with the Marketing Analytics team on strategic value-added analyses and investigations around business growth opportunities and challenges for our international segment
- Partner with the Finance team to support international marketing across key dimensions including forecasting, resourcing, reporting, and analysis
- Play a key role in optimizing our business and operational processes for managing international markets
- Partner with our global Central Marketing SPA (Strategy, Planning, and Analytics) team to ensure best practice proliferation and alignment between the US and international markets on key processes and work streams
- Prioritize projects that span across international markets for cross functional partners based on opportunity, lift, and impact.
- Help surface, shape, and implement improvements to our overall international marketing operating model
- Present key findings to marketing and leadership team
- 5+ years of work experience for a top tier strategy consulting firm and/or leading a sophisticated strategy/planning/ops practice at a technology, media or consumer company
- 2+ years of marketing experience in strategy and operations
- Skill at framing problems and accurately scoping approaches for addressing/resolving
- Ability to distill disparate data into actionable insights
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and competency with Business Intelligence and Data Analysis tools (Looker, Tableau, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Experience with a variety of marketing channels including paid (digital and offline), retail, SEM, content, social and field marketing
Experience with marketing measurement methodologies including marketing/media mix modeling, matched market testing, brand lift studies, etc.
Experience with B2B GTM strategies and tactics including lead generation
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.