HR Business Partner - Japan
Our HR Business Partners (HRBP) work with both management and employees on people-related issues: talent management, employee relations, development, compensation, conflict and performance management, organizational development and more. HRBPs are instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs within specific functions and geographic regions.
We're looking for an HRBP to lead people programs across Square Japan. You are one who is interested in making a significant impact for our Japanese team. You will work with business leaders to provide hands-on and strategic input, insight, and advice on employee relations, performance management, coaching, compensation, conflict management, organizational development, training and more. You are comfortable speaking up, leading projects forward and being a culture champion by using data to inform insights. Both English and Japanese language skills are necessary.
- Partner with mid-level managers and senior leaders to develop and implement HR policies to support the strategic growth of the Japanese business
- Provide HR expertise in feedback, performance management, employee relations, coaching, and organizational development
- Collaborate with HR team to promote and accelerate a culture in which people feel engaged and inspired to deliver top results
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction
- Support core HR processes, such as performance calibration, compensation cycle and promotions
- Analyze several types of employee reports (eg, compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision-making and provide proactive solutions to client groups
- Partner with other HRBP's, Learning and Program colleagues to work on value-added programs in areas of training, development, career mobility and job performance
- Lead country specific compliance activities within the People / HR space
- Support local Benefits and People Operations
- 3+ years of experience in an HR Generalist, HR Business Partner or similar role
- Relevant experience building and improving company culture and increasing employee engagement
- Coaching and facilitation skills and experience influencing colleagues at all levels
- Knowledge or developing knowledge of HR programs, including applicable employment laws and regulations
- A passion for employee engagement and driving process and policy application
- Japanese and English language skills
- Experience partnering with business leaders on multi-year, company-wide people projects
- Experience working in a global HRBP team
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.