Software Engineer (BackEnd), TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
TIDAL’s personalization team is responsible for personalizing the experience of our listeners. We build data and machine-learning-powered features like personalized mixes, algorithmic radio stations, content recommendations, and more. Our products are generating millions of daily streams and are used by a large portion of our daily active users.
You will report to the personalization team tech lead
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain backend services on AWS powering our personalized recommendations
- Collaborate with ML engineers, product managers, and other teams to build products, systems, and services that have a direct impact on our customers
- Work with a variety of AWS services and infrastructure as code tools like Terraform
- Evolve and improve existing backend systems and engineering practices
- Be a key contributor in an autonomous, multi-functional and growing agile-team
- 4+ years of experience
- Experience building scalable and low latency RESTful APIs using Spring Boot and Java
- Experience working with cloud services like AWS
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- A result-oriented mindset and an ability to uphold a high technical standard
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.