Senior Software Engineer - Business Storefronts + Discovery
- St. Louis, MO, United States
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Cash App Businesses team is a ***new team*** to connect people and businesses by inventing innovative product experiences. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join us as a founding member of this team and lead / deliver various high growth projects. The team gets to work on technical challenges of building and scaling systems for enabling people to search + discover trusted businesses and helping businesses scale up their operations. Millions of people will use your products as you help create the future of commerce.
- Scope, build, and scale products, systems, and services that have an immediate impact on our millions of customers
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions
- Participate in all parts of product development, working with non-Engineering related disciplines (Product and Design) and adjacent Engineering teams (Mobile, Platform, Machine Learning, and Data Science)
- 3-8+ years of software development or equivalent experience
- Boundless curiosity, persistence and a desire to get things done
- Enthusiasm for multiple technical areas
- Experience building backend systems with high availability, scalability, and reliability
- Working with frontend/mobile teams
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- MySQL, Dynamo, ElasticSearch
- gRPC and Protocol Buffers
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFx
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.