Senior Android Engineer, Health, Cash App
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
Cash Health's overall goal is to create a holistic Cash App experience that fosters the trust, safety, security, and support of our customers and their assets - all while expanding access within the Cash App ecosystem. This means reducing fraudulent and undesirable activity while maximizing authentic engagement and expanding access by bolstering the perception and reality that Cash App is safe, secure, and trusted.
As part of the Android engineering team for Cash Health Client Access, you'll provide Cash App customers reliable, easy, and secure access to their accounts. You'll build, own, and improve the experiences and platforms around Account Access (existing vs new), preventing Account Takeovers/handovers, Authentication (account security, device identification and security, 2-factor authentication, etc.), as well as Authorization (permission to operate or access another account e.g., parental access of Teen Banking). These experiences and platforms are pivotal to Cash App customers as we strive towards economic empowerment.
- Build end-to-end features of the app: networking, persistence, business logic, and UI
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Re-architect legacy code and prep it to scale for the future of the product and the team
- Partner with iOS and backend developers on delivering remarkable solutions
- Have a meaningful impact on the future of the Cash product
- Experience creating readable, well-crafted, and maintainable code
- Experience voicing customer feedback into product solutions (engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition)
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, including multi platform with Zipline & Treehouse
- Unit tests, snapshot tests
- Compose, Coroutines, Molecule, SQLDelight, Retrofit, OkHttp, Wire, Moshi, Okio, Picasso, KotlinPoet
- Protocol buffers
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.