Head of Global Enterprise Merchant Services
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Head of Global Enterprise Merchant Services is responsible for delivering Afterpay and Cash App Pay solutions to our most strategic and largest merchant partners. Reporting to the Vice President of Merchant Services, this leader plays a critical role in business development, has deep technical knowledge, an innovative mindset, and extensive experience in designing & delivering scaled SaaS commerce experiences.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
As the global lead for Enterprise Merchant Services, you are a technical expert with deep B2B experience, including:
- Extensive experience in all phases of developing and delivering world-class SaaS commerce experiences at scale
- Expertise across the delivery process (presales, discovery, SOW, onboarding/delivery, and support) and applies that knowledge to lead the delivery of Afterpay and CashApp Pay branded commerce solutions
- Acts as a critical member of the deal team. Applies extensive pre-sales experience, including an established executive presence, to lead solution design with executive/highly technical teams at enterprise partners
- Has superior technical expertise in online/mobile commerce solutions and uses that knowledge to accelerate our technical capabilities, refine delivery process/methods, and to design innovative & bespoke commerce solutions
- Leads rapid delivery of technical solutions with high accuracy and quality; Provides guidance & leadership to delivery teams to ensure successful outcomes
- Leads and evolves the Global Enterprise delivery team; Attracts leading talent, diversifies and upskills the Merchant Services team, and ensures a great Employee experience
- Runs an effective operation. Implement appropriate KPIs, tools, and processes to drive productivity and accountability across the organization
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders, particularly product and engineering, to develop and execute an integrated Merchant strategy
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay & Cash App Pay.
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
You’re a master problem solver
Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred
10+ years of experience delivering technical SaaS products to enterprise customers/ partners
Strong background in commerce technology, the payments ecosystem, and web services
Workflow & process automation application expertise
Team and organizational management experience including leading global organizations
Exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills. Strong executive presence, influencing skills, presentation skills, and business insight
Deep technical experience in payments & commerce systems including: Card networks, Rest APIs, SDKs, JS/CSS/HTML, ecom platforms, order mgmt systems, and coding best practices
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.