Employee & Executive Communications Lead, Square
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We're looking for a senior communications strategist to join our Employee Experience team, consisting of Square Internal Communications, People Communications, and L&D, reporting to the Head of Employee Experience. As part of the Employee Experience team, you passionately advocate for an employee-first mindset. You will support the CEO of Square.
This is a unique, two-pronged role focused on executive and HR communications.
- Executive communications: you will drive strategic internal communications for the head of Square
- Develop a comprehensive, multi-year internal executive communications strategy for the Head of Square; includes key communication moments
- Translate complex business updates and technical jargon into broad, employee-friendly messaging and presentations. Financial services background is a bonus.
- Develop proactive, and reactive, talking points
- Develop relationship as a trusted advisor; comfortability providing upward feedback to leadership
- Drive change management and employee communications for the Head of Square
- Own Square People communications. Collaborate with our Square People team leaders to develop a comprehensive communications strategy and roadmap for our Square People team, serve as the voice for the People team and/or craft key communications for our People leads
- Support the quarterly Square People team All Hands
- Create internal campaigns and compelling communications to inform and engage employees on key People programs
- Stay in tune with the voice-of-the-employee by regularly soliciting feedback, engaging in two-way conversations, and allowing information to flow in both directions
- Uncover the right channel mix, communication mediums, and cadence needed to reach and engage key personas
- Continuously measure the performance of your communications efforts, adjusting to optimize as necessary
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience working with and influencing high-level executives
- Ability to develop strategies and recommendations based on data and trends; regularly incorporate learnings into your creative process and output.
- Ability to switch seamlessly between high-level strategy to detailed execution
- Experience working cross-functionally, articulating ideas across levels, managing differing points of view, and influencing others while maintaining relationships -- you're a collaborator!
- High aptitude for creative thinking, balanced against bottom-line business needs.
- Proficiency in measuring the effectiveness of your work
- The ability to design and develop effective communications using a variety of modern channels
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone C: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone D: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.