Disputes Resolutions Officer
- Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Afterpay is transforming the way we pay by allowing customers to buy products immediately and pay for their purchases over four installments. The service is completely free⁵ for customers who pay on time - helping people spend responsibly. As of December 31, 2021, Afterpay is offered by more than 122,000 of the world’s favorite retailers and more than 19 million active customers have adopted the service.
Afterpay is currently available in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Spain, where it is known as Clearpay. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins. Afterpay is a wholly owned subsidiary of Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ).
We have a rare opportunity available to join our incredible Disputes Resolution team. The purpose of the Dispute Resolution Officer is to handle and resolve customer and merchant disputes in a fair, transparent and timely manner. The successful candidate will be the key point of contact within our Customer Service team for all escalated disputes and will be closely involved in the complaint lifecycle from escalation, to IDR and EDR.
- Investigate, manage and resolve escalated and complex customer and merchant disputes, in accordance with the complaints policy.
- Provide support to the Customer Service team for escalated complaints, where first and second level resolution team members have not been able to resolve.
- Provide input into Afterpay's IDR responses to resolve complaints
- Prepare detailed, logical and well explained EDR responses to AFCA, other dispute resolution bodies and consumer advocacy groups
- Prepare reporting for stakeholders on complaint volumes, complaint categories and insights for both internal and external dispute resolution.
- Analyse complaint data, report on trends to the business, and make recommendations to improve processes.
- Manage multiple dispute cases simultaneously and in an efficient manner
- Focus on providing a supportive customer experience and ensuring timely and fair outcomes are achieved
- Proven background in Customer Service, Complaints Handling and Dispute Resolution.
- Proven experience in conflict resolution and strong problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated experience in dispute resolution, including communication and management of complaint cases to external groups and governing bodies.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills - ability to draft detailed, logical and comprehensive findings to external dispute bodies.
- Tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent industry experience (CIO, FOS or AFCA) is preferred.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.