- New York, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
TIDAL is a global music and entertainment streaming platform committed to creating a deeper connection between artists and fans through its library of more than 80 million songs, over 350,000 high quality videos, and available in over 60 countries. In addition, TIDAL offers its subscribers exclusive access to high-profile music and music videos, original content series, podcasts, documentaries, livestream concerts, tickets, merchandise and live experiences. Together, TIDAL and Block will be music-obsessed and artist-focused while we explore new artist tools, listener experiences, and access to financial systems that help artists be more successful.
We are looking for an Accountant, reporting to TIDAL's Accounting Lead, who will be part of the team responsible for the daily operations of our global operating expense accounting process. You will bring to the table a solid accounting background, and an appreciated fresh perspective.
- Support global operating expense and related prepaid and accruals processes with the scope of the role broadening over time to incorporate payroll accounting and Tidal's new products as they roll out
- Work with several members of our business process outsourcing team
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual close activities, partnering with Finance and Operations to ensure accuracy of results and balances:
- Prepare journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting analyses to ensure accuracy and completeness of the general ledger
- Work cross-functionally with Finance, Legal and Operations to drive important initiatives and improvements including automation of accounting entries and processes as part of system upgrades
- Support quarterly reviews, annual audits and other local financial compliance requirements in relevant territories, including preparation of workpapers
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 2+ years' experience in accounting-related roles
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (can perform complex functions and handle large volumes of data)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.