Learning Experience Designer
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square's Sales and Account Management Enablement team is looking for a creative learning experience designer who is passionate about our mission of economic empowerment. You will develop engaging and meaningful learning experiences that improve performance across a global audience. You will create training materials that cover a broad range of topics, targeting behaviors that have the greatest measurable impact on performance, including soft skills development, product knowledge, sales effectiveness, and workflow efficiency.
You will be knowledgeable the latest instructional techniques, adult learning theories, learning outcome assessments, project management strategies, game-based learning, and competency-based education.
- Manage the instructional design process from research to development.
- Apply design thinking strategies to build learning solutions that close performance gaps.
- Create engaging and visually stunning learning content that improves sales effectiveness at scale.
- Use Agile frameworks and project management tools while managing medium to large-scale projects.
- Work with SMEs to determine learning objectives, provide clear timelines through all phases of work, and select appropriate modality for successful implementation.
- Ensure adult learning principles and a systematic instructional design process is applied to create learning content that best fits the needs of the learner (includes online, classroom, virtual instructor-led training and blended learning content).
- Develop exercises, tutorials, job aids, assessments, and other methods of learning, including social or connected learning strategies.
- Advise on goals to measure the effectiveness of learning outcomes based on the Kirkpatrick model.
- 5+ years experience designing learning programs in a business setting.
- Direct experience developing adult education curricula, training materials and content to include online/e-learning modules, instructor-led materials, job aids, online tutorials, multimedia products (video, graphic, audio), and other training assets.
- Well versed in adult learning methodologies and able to evaluate learning effectiveness using assessment strategies.
- Experience with tools such as Articulate 360, Vyond, Google Slides and Adobe Creative Suite.
- An eye for visual design and experience creating engaging user experiences according to accessibility best practices.
- Create and edit graphics, audio assets, and videos.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 - USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 - USD $104,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.