Senior Finance and Strategy Analyst
- New York City, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, available and accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
We are looking for a Finance & Strategy Senior Analyst to join Block and help build Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world. We are reinventing the way people think about banking and financial services through our P2P, Banking, Cash Card, Boost, BTC, and stock investing products. We derive valuable insights from our unique datasets and turn those into actions that improve the experience for our customers every day.
You will report into a Cash App Finance and Strategy Manager and support one of Cash App’s growing products (e.g. Borrow, Crypto).
- Forecast and analyze financial performance, including owning the forecast model for your specific product coverage area, and communicating important takeaways to senior stakeholders through regular performance review meetings
- Build models, including impact and scenario analyses for product changes, to understand short and long-term cost/benefit tradeoffs and size financial impact of contemplated launches or product changes
- Assist in preparation of materials for product business partners, Cash leadership, investor relations, and our board to help drive understanding of performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage ad-hoc analyses and special projects as requested by Cash App team and Finance partners related to our performance/metrics, P&L analysis, among other topics
- 2+ years of experience focused on financial modeling, forecasting and data analysis
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (can perform complex functions - there will be a case study)
- The ability to execute independently and engage with team members of all levels
- A passion for our mission: making the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.