Senior Product Designer, Square for Restaurants
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join the Square for Restaurants team.
As a senior-level Product Designer at Square, you will help guide design for the Square for Restaurants team. The Restaurants team empowers Food & Drink businesses of all kinds to start, run, and grow their businesses through advanced workflows, specialized products, insights, and inclusion in the greater Square ecosystem.
You'll oversee design decisions that directly influence the product and roadmap. Your work will span from core features to experimental projects. We believe in generalists who have a hand in each stage of product development, so Product Designers at Square take projects from sketches to final visual specifications. This will be a cross-functional role where you will work with other designers, product managers, researchers, and engineers. You'll report to the Design Lead for Square for Restaurants.
We are aiming to build a design team that mirrors the inclusivity of the Square seller community and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We also welcome you to share any personal experiences that inform your empathy for our sellers, including firsthand experience in hospitality.
- Create and collaborate on the vision for our Kitchen & Diner products
- Work with design, product, and engineering partners
- Influence design practices and team operations within a fully remote team
- Provide feedback and mentorship to other designers
- Learn from and design with our sellers through research
- 7+ years of professional design experience
- You have a portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact projects
- You form ideas and present them to your team to determine strategy and roadmaps
- You can question and work with your leadership peers and bring conversations to next steps
- You are seen as a mentor for other designers, provide feedback, and find ways to improve their work
- You can guide and realize the vision for the product through design explorations, documentation, and presentations
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.