Senior Product Designer, Square for Restaurants
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join the Square for Restaurants team.
As a senior-level Product Designer at Square, you will help guide design for the Square for Restaurants team. The Restaurants team empowers Food & Drink businesses of all kinds to start, run, and grow their businesses through advanced workflows, specialized products, insights, and inclusion in the greater Square ecosystem.
You'll oversee design decisions that directly influence the product and roadmap. Your work will span from core features to experimental projects. We believe in generalists who have a hand in each stage of product development, so Product Designers at Square take projects from sketches to final visual specifications. This will be a cross-functional role where you will work with other designers, product managers, researchers, and engineers. You'll report to the Design Lead for Square for Restaurants.
We are aiming to build a design team that mirrors the inclusivity of the Square seller community and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We also welcome you to share any personal experiences that inform your empathy for our sellers, including firsthand experience in hospitality.
- Create and collaborate on the vision for our Kitchen & Diner products
- Work with design, product, and engineering partners
- Influence design practices and team operations within a fully remote team
- Provide feedback and mentorship to other designers
- Learn from and design with our sellers through research
- 7+ years of professional design experience
- You have a portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact projects
- You form ideas and present them to your team to determine strategy and roadmaps
- You can question and work with your leadership peers and bring conversations to next steps
- You are seen as a mentor for other designers, provide feedback, and find ways to improve their work
- You can guide and realize the vision for the product through design explorations, documentation, and presentations
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources