Compliance Program Lead, COM (Customer Onboarding & Management)
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
We are looking for a Compliance Program Manager to join Block and support the continued growth of our Customer Onboarding and Management (COM) Program. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked by building an outstanding compliance program to help grow the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the company. You will report to the Head of COM.
You will support the Compliance team by contributing to the design and effectiveness of preventative and detective measures to enable proper detection and ongoing review as part of COM programs. You will collaborate with Compliance Operations leads, Legal, Product Managers, and other relevant partners to ensure our program complies with all applicable laws and regulations across jurisdictions and has the infrastructure to execute. You will demonstrate excellent regulatory, process and systems design, data analytics, and documentation abilities.
- Lead a team of COM Program Managers to ensure execution on the development of the COM program
- Evaluate current operational processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and industry best practices
- Evaluate Sanctions and BSA/AML CDD and EDD requirements for new and existing products or features
- Build tactical and scalable solutions for operational teams to manage compliance tasks and risks as it relates to the crypto program
- Establish relationships and trust with Global Product and Compliance leaders
- Draft and maintain relevant documentation and content for changes to the program in accordance with regulatory updates, new products, and overall Compliance team policies and procedures
- Oversee end-to-end implementation of operational changes, and communicate with leadership and other relevant partners
- Stay informed of regulatory developments, industry trends and Block roadmaps to guide decisions
- Define metrics to measure success of strategic programs, and report on their progress
- 5+ years as a project or program manager with direct experience in BSA/AML compliance and crypto
- 3+ years of experience managing teams of Program or Project Managers
- Analytical and metrics-driven approach to create substantiated solutions
- Knowledge in Sanctions and BSA/AML regulations, risks and typologies
- Experience with Cryptocurrency regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A mindset to deliver results proactively, resourcefully, and methodically
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CFE, CFCS, and CRCM)
- Experience with SQL or Looker
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.