Engineering Manager - Instore/Mobile Team
At Afterpay, our mission is to power an economy in which everyone can win. We empower customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. We do this by connecting more than 122,000 retailers across the globe with over 19 million active customers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing. And as a part of Block, Inc., (NYSE: SQ), we’re united by our shared purpose of economic empowerment. Ready to shape an economy in which everyone wins?
As the Engineering Manager of Instore/Mobile Engineering you'll be responsible for managing parts of the development of the Instore product that was recently launched in Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States. This product enables our consumers to use the Afterpay virtual card in participating stores in Australia. We’ve seen huge success in the instore application across all regions and we are looking to continue our expansion globally. The team moves quickly and makes brave product decisions, this is the perfect opportunity for an Engineering Manager that enjoys creating new features quickly and effectively.
- Ensure the team is consistently delivering working software to our expected standards
- Participate in the technical development and maintenance of Afterpay standards for software development, testing, release management and reviews
- Technical ownership of the work that your team is delivering within each iteration or standalone deliverable
- Work closely with the recruitment team to ensure smooth candidate experiences and top talent for the engineering teams.
- Undergo performance reviews and daily people management across the team
- Proactively manage issues early to avoid bigger problems later
- Proactively supporting your team members to achieve their performance and development goals
- Ensure the team is collaborating closely with key stakeholders, such as Product Managers.
- Experienced leading teams in fast paced and complex environments
- Passionate about coaching and people development
- Experience in technical mobile engineer is advantageous
- An outcome focused and collaborative approach
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Passionate about adding to and growing an organisation’s engineering culture
- Enjoy driving the technical and product vision within the domain you operate in
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.