Java Developer, TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
TIDAL is on a mission to serve artists and fans alike. As we are growing our artist focus we are scaling up our teams to support the mission of providing artists with empowerment and we are looking for Java engineers that are confident and take ownership to build new products and services in an exciting setting.
You will be proficient in Java and join the financial services team in TIDAL.
As a developer in TIDAL you appreciate close and collaborative work with other TIDAL teams. You prefer designing a solution in collaboration with stakeholders before starting code and thrive in technical discussions. You’re happy to collaborate with teammates and present ideas to aim for the highest quality and you’re open to new ideas and input from others. You want and like to work as a team with friendly colleagues rather than alone.
You will work closely with the immediate team, tech lead, PO, QA, and other teams inside TIDAL to build new products and services for artists and listeners and report to the team lead.
- Have experience with cloud service providers (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Collaborate with teammates and present ideas to aim for the highest quality
- Be open to input from others and you guide discussions by presenting ideas and designs to the team
- Build new products and services and maintain existing ones
- Take full ownership, scope, build products to create
- Have a working knowledge of Serverless Architecture, databases, data streams and queues
- You have experience designing and building scalable, reliable, and maintainable systems.
- Feel confident about how services operate on an infrastructural level, be familiar with modern Public Cloud services, deployment strategies, monitoring systems.
5+ years of experience in designing and shipping scalable, reliable and maintainable systems
- Java frameworks
- Spring Boot
- AWS, Docker
- Frontend development experience using modern JS frameworks (React, Node.js or others)
- CICD: Jenkins, Spinnaker
- DataDog, Databricks, Terraform
- Ability to work with other Product and Engineering functions
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, be proactive
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.