Credit Risk Specialist
- Scottsdale, AZ, United States
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We are looking for a finance professional to join Square's excellent Risk organization to help manage credit risk for sellers processing on Square. You will understand credit and financial analysis, and a desire to apply those skills in new ways to help Square grow our annual processing volume while controlling loss related to chargebacks.
You will conduct reviews of our sellers, assessing credit risk associated with processing activity, and taking appropriate action following our risk policies. You will maintain standards while ensuring that we follow internal and seller-facing service-level agreements. You will gather insights, identifying areas for improvement, and contributing to key projects to push our team forward. Lastly, you will be dynamic, have a positive attitude, and be passionate for Square's mission of Economic Empowerment. If all of this sounds exciting, you may be a good fit and we look forward to hearing from you!
- Perform reviews of high-risk seller accounts and follow Square's risk policies
- Analyze risks associated with different seller business models and card processing patterns
- Collect and review appropriate documentation necessary to mitigate risk
- Document decisions and rationale following our underwriting guidelines
- Communicate with sellers by phone and email, including investigative-level conversations
- Work with internal partners including Fraud, Compliance, and multiple levels of management
- Help identify process improvements and contribute to essential Credit Risk projects
- Associate or Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting desired
- 1+ years experience in credit, underwriting, finance, or related
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in financial statement analysis
- Previous experience in commercial banking or card processing a plus
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of accountability for helping our team achieve its collective goals and best-serve our customers
- Must be a team-oriented person with a willingness to contribute new ideas, collaborate, and learn from and mentor others
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.