Compensation Operations Specialist
- Chicago, IL, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Block is looking for a Compensation Operations Specialist on our Comp Ops team to help support and leapfrog ahead of Block's growth. Within this role, you will be part of Block's transformation and foundational building of the Comp Ops team.
- Manage report requests from partners (HR, Talent, Finance, Payroll, Stock Admin, Legal) and employee queries
- Keep us safe by auditing for fairness and consistency in our daily compensation needs (offers, internal transfers, relocations)
- Prepare equity grant proposals for the Board of Directors Compensation Committee
- Maintain compensation setup values in Workday and comp tools used by HRBPs and Talent teams
- Conduct market research to help us uncover insights, including submitting compensation survey data
- Create annual POs/invoices for vendors used by Compensation team
- Support compensation programs such as merit/promotion cycles and communications updates.
- Network with other companies to benchmark best practices and trends
- 1+ years of experience in compensation, finance, or other HR analytical role
- Advanced Google Sheets or Excel (can perform complex functions) skills and develop or automate repeatable reports, and models
- Bias for logical action with a desire to standardize, scale, automate, and then repeat
- Empathy - You always want to understand someone's struggle.
- Understanding of cultural differences, or change of organization dynamics
- Motivated by curiosity to learn
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.