Site Reliability Engineer
- New York, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
TIDAL is a global music and entertainment streaming platform committed to creating a deeper connection between artists and fans through its library of more than 70 million songs, over 250,000 high quality videos, and available in over 60 countries. In addition, TIDAL offers its subscribers exclusive access to high-profile music and music videos, original content series, podcasts, documentaries, livestream concerts, tickets, merchandise and live experiences. Together, TIDAL and Square will be music-obsessed and artist-focused while we explore new artist tools, listener experiences, and access to financial systems that help artists be successful.
TIDAL keeps growing at an exceptional pace, and we're looking for more experienced people to join us. You'll be part of a central team working in a quick-paced and quality-conscious environment, with a primary focus on implementing, advocating, sharing knowledge and teaching DevOps best practices. You will also help architect new services for scale and security, and recommend improvements to existing services.
As an SRE at TIDAL, you'll:
- Help teams with our sizable AWS infrastructure
- R&D new technologies & processes to improve our platform (Service Discovery, Infrastructure-as-Code, Canary Deployments)
- Implement Terraform modules and providers as part of our delivery framework
- Improve our build and deployment pipelines
- Manage our dev-internal tools including ELK, Spinnaker, Jenkins.
- Improve our Observability strategy
- Work on our security layer (WAF, Secrets, Threat Detection/Prevention)
- Report to our Operations Manager.
- 6+ years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or related positions.
- Experience with Docker, cloud providers and CDNs
- Experience with performance and security practices for a web-based environment
- Helped solve outages or performance issues in a large distributed environment
- Operational experience with Linux and PostgreSQL
- A software engineering background or proficiency in one of the following programming languages: Java, Python or Go
- Are fluent in English, our working language (Nordic language skills are not required)
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.