Senior Software Engineer, Reconciliation
- New York, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
The Reconciliation Team tracks the flow of money through Square’s payment ecosystem. We build services that ingest and process data for our roughly half a billion dollars of daily transactions, to make sure the money ends up in the right bank accounts.
Our team’s projects are high importance, low urgency: we value thoughtfulness and correctness more than speed. Our work is data-intensive, so if you enjoy understanding and working with data you may find it especially satisfying.
Our tech stack is deliberately “boring” but up-to-date. We use Kotlin/Java services with backing MySQL databases for their internal state; Google BigQuery to store the transaction data itself and run jobs that efficiently process large volumes of data; and AWS infrastructure for everything else.
- Help to design and build our next generation of reconciliation systems, needed to support Square’s accelerating growth in payments and payment methods
- Work cross-functionally with our card processing, settlement, analytics, finance, accounting, and product teams: this job is very collaborative
- Leverage our reconciliation data to build insight and early-warning systems which can protect Square and our sellers
- Implement and operate the reconciliation services which ensure Square’s credibility and hold us to the highest standards of financial reporting and compliance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience developing backend services and infrastructure
- Experience with cloud computing technologies and data platforms
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with OLAP databases
- Interest or experience in payments technology
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.