International Benefits Lead
As the International Benefits Lead, you will manage employee benefits for Block's 20 countries outside the US. You will lead a global team and work to develop and execute best in class benefits programs, ensuring that our benefits are aligned with the needs of the company as we grow. You will partner with People Operations, HRBPs, Legal, Payroll and other partners to ensure our benefits programs are operating effectively and efficiently. You will report into the Head of Global Total Rewards.
- Own the creation and execution of the international benefits strategy and programming.
- Ensure benefits are market competitive, align with Block’s benefits philosophy and reflect evolving global benefits trends.
- Implement processes to scale benefits programs across the organization by ensuring our benefits support the changing business needs of Block.
- Partner with cross-functional teams in Finance to set budgets and track benefits spend.
- Ensure legal compliance of all benefits and leave and time off programs.
- Ensure benefits programs are clearly communicated to key partners including HR, Talent team and senior business leaders including Block global leadership team.
- Own the communication strategy for all employee benefits.
- Support the initiatives of the global benefits team.
- 10+ years experience in international benefits or benefits consulting, or related fields.
- 2+ years experience leading benefits teams.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present complex information in a simple and clear manner.
- Experience leading presentations to executive teams and company-wide audiences
- Benefits experience across a wide range of geographies.
- Experience building complex benefits programs, managing projects, and scaling processes with company growth.
- A global mindset while also being in tune with local context and best practice
- Ability to collaborate and influence across all levels of the organization.
- Deep knowledge of global benefits markets specific to the EU, Canada and APAC.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.