Engineering Manager, Reconciliation
- San Francisco, CA, United States
Block's Reconciliation tracks the flow of money through Square's payment ecosystem, ensuring that our merchants and external financial institutions correctly settle with Block on every transaction. We build services that ingest and process data for our roughly half a billion dollars of daily transactions, ensure accountability of money movements among Block's financial products in a standardized, automated and scalable way, to support healthy and fast product growth. We empower Accounting, Finance, Payments, Risk and product teams by delivering accurate data that not only are crucial to Block's financials but also serve as early warning indicators for many product systems at Block.
Reporting to our Head of Data Lifecycle, you will lead engineering and analytics teams who guide and grow our reconciliation infrastructure, platform, end-to-end data pipelines and reporting solutions. You'll work with leaders in other product and infrastructure engineering teams, finance and accounting partners to build our data platform overseeing verification, alerting and reporting on money-moving transactions across the globe.
- Set the vision and provide technical direction to your teams for building a thoughtful scalable end-to-end reconciliation engineering and analytical solutions. Ensure teams are operating with high velocity, ownership, and accountability
- Work with leaders from payments, products, financial and business teams to layout a roadmap of efficiently onboarding new payment processors and product launches
- Work with product managers on defining strategic directions, and with technical program managers on executing high-impact initiatives
- Advise and mentor engineering and data management teams
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience in software engineering and data analytics fields
- 3+ years of experience in leading both software engineering and data engineering and analytics teams
- Experience in building scalable data processing applications, infrastructure and production services
- Experience in cloud-based technologies and platforms
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other engineering and business teams.
- Experience collaborating across teams to guide large-scale projects and initiatives to successful outcomes
- Experience in mentoring and coaching engineering managers, technical leads, software and data engineers, and analysts
- Having knowledge in Accounting and Reconciliation related domains is a bonus!
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.