Engineering Manager, Secure Key Infrastructure and Development
- New York, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
We aim to guarantee the security of every transaction from dip and tap to receipt. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that there is no possible way to use Block's products insecurely. In the Secure Key Infrastructure and Development team, we are responsible for some of our most important, high-SLA systems. Providing secure, compliant, and cryptographic capabilities is at the core of our mission. Our purpose is to identify our ecosystem's security needs, and to meet those needs in a central and scalable way.
We're looking for an engineering manager to lead a team of engineers that are enabling Block to build products that no one else has built.
- Collaborate with many teams and departments across Block to make technical, design, strategy and product decisions.
- Grow the team by hiring qualified candidates, and providing high-quality feedback.
- Foster ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, decision-making, and urgency in the team.
- Help set strategic direction for the security engineering team and broader information security organization at Block.
- Grow your career in an engaged engineering community that ships amazing products.
- Work in any Block office location, or work remotely in the USA or Canada. Occasional travel may be required.
Some of the technologies we use:
- Java & Go
- HSMs (Cloud and Datacenter)
- AWS/GCP/Square-Owned Datacenter
- 2+ years of experience as a people lead, with demonstrated ability to ensure the success and growth of your team members.
- A history of healthy collaboration with product managers, engineers, and engineering managers on developing roadmaps and working towards them.
- 1+ years of experience leading the development lifecycle of highly-available, critical production systems.
- Experience or interest in applied cryptography and working with HSMs.
- A passion for using security engineering as an enabler for product teams.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $211,600 - USD $258,600
Zone C: USD $200,500 - USD $245,100
Zone D: USD $189,400 - USD $231,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.