Global Technology Sourcing Manager
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The role will develop and execute category and vendor strategies for our supplier portfolio and in collaboration with our business partners be primarily responsible for managing the 'cradle to grave' vendor management lifecycle. The individual must demonstrate collaboration internally and externally, have a passionate focus on success, and commitment to continuous improvement. You will be an individual contributor role and will report to the Global Procurement Lead.
- Proactively collaborate with business partners to lead contract negotiation with suppliers; develop negotiation approaches, fallback positions and acceptable terms and conditions through contract completion and identify important benchmarks to measure contractual arrangements
- Identify and realize cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities and build a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs without compromising supply assurance or quality
- Establish partnerships with important partners aimed at identifying, understanding and fulfilling their requirements
- Initiate and implement a vendor rationalization plan to increase existing vendors to deliver cost reduction, supply assurance, quality improvement, innovation and increased vendor utility
- Review existing contracts and understand requirements; create guidelines and design standard vendor contract protocols
- Assist to establish vendor life-cycle strategy to oversee planning, sourcing and selection of new vendors, manage data for vendor performance and manage vendor off-boarding and transition
- Continually explore new technologies to optimize efficiency, and transparency to stakeholders
- Support internal and external audit, SOX compliance and due diligence requests
- Minimum of 8 years of strategic sourcing, procurement or vendor management experience; which includes at least 6 years of software/technology sourcing experience
- Communication and project management to demonstrate project status, important actions, risks and opportunities
- Experience negotiating contracts
- Ability to navigate in unstructured environments while garnering trust with internal customers.
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills with a focus on managing within a team environment
- Proactively resolve performance issues with assigned suppliers to ensure resolution
- Ability to leverage technology and financial systems to extract and analyze data
- Bachelor's degree - preferably in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or related field
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.